Best 7 Reasons to use WordPress for your website in 2024
Reading Time : 5mins
It’s likely that you have came across WordPress at some point if you have ever considered creating a website. Since its launch in 2003, WP has expanded quickly, capturing the majority of the worldwide CMS industry and fast making headway as the preferred platform for some of the largest websites on the Internet. However, it goes beyond the major issues. There are plenty of reasons why This CRM is the platform of choice for hundreds of thousands of bloggers, proprietors of online stores, and local business owners when creating websites. Continue reading to discover why utilizing WordPress can be the best option for you as well.
1. You will not pay a cent to use WordPress
if you don’t feel like paying. The WordPress platform’s open-source nature is one of its biggest advantages. The work of thousands of talented developers throughout the world is freely available to end users as they devote their time and energy to making it better for everyone. While utilizing WordPress as a CMS is free as in beer, there are some expenses that you won’t be able to avoid (web hosting and domain registration, as well as some premium plugins and themes). Here’s the solution if you’ve ever wondered why you should use WordPress at all: it’s free, so why not give it a try?
2. WordPress is very customizable
The plethora of customization choices available with WordPress is one of its most alluring features. And since applying themes is really simple, you don’t need to be an expert web designer to use them effectively. You will undoubtedly be able to choose a theme that best suits your business and personality among the many that are offered for free. For individuals that require even more variety, premium themes are now available for purchase. You can also discover themes in WordPress’ theme library that are tailored to specific company categories, such as:
- Creative agencies
- Online shops
- Real Estate
- Media outlets
- and many more …
One of the most fulfilling and enjoyable aspects of creating a website is choosing a theme. WordPress is a great choice for your website because many themes have an options panel that allows you to further personalize the design. Some examples of these customizations include changing the background, adding sliders, changing colors, and uploading logos.
3. WordPress is the most widely used CMS in the World
If you’re still not convinced about using WordPress, keep in mind that more than 40% of websites on the Internet are run on it. The statistics are even more striking for websites using a well-known content management system (CMS), with WordPress controlling 64% of the market. There has never been a content management system as popular as this one, and it won’t be changing anytime soon. The platform’s immense popularity is a testament to its dependability.
If WordPress wasn’t dependable or the support wasn’t good, a lot of users wouldn’t have stuck with it. There are several good reasons why international companies with websites like Sony Music, The Walt Disney Company, and the BBC choose to use WordPress. These arguments might also seem reasonable to you for your project.
4. WordPress is incredibly user-friendly.
If the WordPress platform wasn’t so easily accessible, its worldwide popularity wouldn’t be as remarkable. With just a few clicks, anyone can set up and maintain a WordPress website. To begin generating your first articles and pages, simply install the app, choose a theme, and go directly to the dashboard.
Even if you’ve never used a CMS or built a website before, it’s quite simple to learn. Additionally, there is a sizable community of WordPress aficionados and contributors eager to help you out if you run into any issues.
5. You can scale WordPress very well
Many prosperous companies had modest beginnings but later expanded—often rather quickly. Make sure you can grow your website if you want it to remain consistent with your brand. And one of the key benefits of utilizing WordPress for your website can be its smooth scalability.
The idea is straightforward: traffic increases with the amount of high-quality content you create. Your CMS and website are more likely to lag the more traffic they receive. Given that WordPress powers some of the largest websites, it is evident that scalability is not a problem when done correctly. WordPress is a high-performance platform that can handle millions of page views per month and thousands of concurrent users. However, it is not a magic bullet, therefore in order for your website to stay up to date with your brand, you also need to:
- Select a high-quality hosting package that can handle more visitors.
- Update your plugins, themes, and software frequently.
- Delete any unused themes and plugins.
- Reduce the amount of files that are loaded from the server on subsequent visits by implementing caching.
- Minify the files on your website and optimize the photos.
- Get rid of unnecessary media files, and wherever you can, use external video hosting sites like Vimeo or YouTube.
- Employing a Content Delivery Network (CDN) can significantly improve your website’s responsiveness, particularly if you receive traffic from around the globe.
- Make sure your website is protected from malware, spam, and DDoS assaults, and adhere to strict security guidelines at all times.
- Optimize and fix your databases on a regular basis.
Beyond what’s on this list, there are a ton of other things you can do to improve the way your website performs when the load on it grows. The good news is that plugins make it simple to accomplish the majority of these tasks. Do you want to take care of your database thoroughly? Speak with WP-DBManager. Does your media library need to be cleared out a little? Media Cleaner will quickly take care of it for you. As your website grows, no task is too huge.
6. WordPress is SEO-friendly
Regardless of the topic of your website, you should always aim for the highest number of distinct visitors. And there’s no better way to guarantee plenty of traffic than to be at the top of Google and Bing’s search results pages. It takes a lot of time and work to adjust your website to SEO criteria, but if you use WordPress, it might be much simpler. Because WordPress is written with excellent coding and uses semantic markup, search engines like Google prefer it. Although the platform comes with some built-in capabilities for search engine optimization, you may improve even further by using specialized SEO plugins.
Yoast SEO and Rank Math, for example (learn more about these two here) will assist you in improving your site’s structure, content, and links so you can beat the competition and quickly rank at the top of Google’s first page.
7. WordPress works wonderfully for ANY kind of website
WordPress has you covered for any kind of website you want to create. The adaptability of the platform is unparalleled. With the help of around 60000 plugins, you can increase the functionality of your website in any way you can think of. Using WordPress, you can construct:
- a straightforward personal website or blog where you can discuss the topics that are important to you or showcase your skills to prospective employers.
- Are you an architect, photographer, or graphic designer with a portfolio website? Display your work with the help of beautiful picture galleries.
- Do you want to compete with Amazon in your e-commerce store? WordPress is on your side. You have the ability to create any kind of online store you desire with plugins such as WooCommerce. Using WordPress, you can also create an affiliate store for Amazon or any other platform.
- business website: WordPress can easily meet your unique needs, regardless of the size of your organization—whether it’s a small, local firm or a multinational conglomerate. WordPress is used by several well-known brands for their website development. It might as well work for you if it does for others.
- WordPress allows you to create multilingual websites; you are not restricted to just one language version of your website. You are able to differentiate your material based on the number of languages you require.
- Websites that publish news and media: so you want to be a media mogul? With WordPress on your side, nothing can stop you. WordPress can manage any type of content, including industry-specific reports, entertainment stories, and daily headlines. All you have to worry about is producing engaging material and making sure your hosting package can accommodate sizable viewership.
- Are you considering creating an online community for those who enjoy gardening as much as you do using social networking sites and forums? Or perhaps you require a secure forum for open communication with locals online? You have many reasons to utilize WordPress for community development when you use plugins like BuddyPress or WP Symposium Pro.
These are just a few of the situations in which WordPress may be used to create any kind of website. The list is endless.
There are numerous justifications for using WordPress. It’s easy but not simplistic, free, and lets you create whatever kind of website you want. WordPress has many features for experienced web developers, but it is also user-friendly for novices. Furthermore, it continues to be the most flexible and scalable platform available. Do you still have questions about WordPress use? Try it out, and you probably won’t look anyplace else.
Greensoft can help to grow and promote your brand and company to show the best possible quality to your audience. With strategies and unique design and sales solutions, it increases the audience. Examples of the work done by Greensoft are available here